In love (from marble to skin)

Started by evilmaul, March 23, 2014, 10:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilmaul

I know I said recently enough with skin but ok I couldnt resist and went back to it. I hope you are not getting tired od bald girls :P

here some initial tests

cheers,
Marco

TpwUK

Nice work Marco, and i was so looking forward to a white alabaster version. Think that's the stone where it has a subtle translucency and an almost sugary texture.

Martin

Dylan

Nice work Marco. What materials and settings did you use to blend it so well with the texture?

edwardo

Really, really nice Marco. Im very curious to see what some of your work looks like under more dramatic lighting and/or within a scene. I'm thinking it would be indistinguishable from a real photo - even to the trained eyes of CG experts.

QuoteI hope you are not getting tired od bald girls :P

haha, i was wondering... are all your friends bald? or do you just not like doing hair/fur? Actually, the lady in these images really quite suits her 'skinheed' - not many girls pull it off (poor old Britney Spears didn't).

Thanks for sharing and making us all feel that little bit more inadequate  ;)
Ed

ps what was the outcome of the 'soldier' project you were doing some time ago?

slater

Nice but seems to be plastiline..

Josh3D

Saw on Facebook and can't get over how well you capture emotion man. Beautiful.

Speedster

My favorite cousin Kathy lost her battle with breast cancer.  Bald is OK.  Actually, she was beautiful.
Bill G

HLeandre

A M A Z I N G !  8)
Could you show us diffus, spec and bump map please?

slater

Quote from: HLeandre on March 24, 2014, 01:11:49 PM
A M A Z I N G !  8)
Could you show us diffus, spec and bump map please?
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D...

feher

Nothing more I can say.
Perfect !
Tim

EGON

Funny. I made this promo about 6 years ago. Look at the girl in the middle.

evilmaul

thank you everyone.

As much as I would want to finish every piece I start , unfortunately with an already challenging and energy draining job, its hard to keep up with all the project I started.
As far for the hair goes I see no point of using polygons for them..especially for long hair such as it would be nice to have in this case and even if I had a proprer groom I am afraid that they woundnt shade properly...but  there is hope for the future using a different solution ;)

I'll see if I can post some screen shots of the maps when I get some time to work again on this and soldier tim model. I'd like to add that I just confirmed that I will be holding a masterclass or anyway showing my stuff included KS part of it at b'Ars vfx fair in Barcelona  (http://barsvfx.com/)  on the beginning of june. Perhaps I'll see some of you there..

Gosh I am really not the person for such things and I hate being and speaking in front of a crowd haha....

cheers,
M

alp

Keep posting renders Evilmaul, as I think you have the most realistic results. Here I shared my material settings with everyone https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php/topic,7953.msg37822.html#msg37822

DriesV

Quote from: evilmaul on March 25, 2014, 10:57:31 AM
I'd like to add that I just confirmed that I will be holding a masterclass or anyway showing my stuff included KS part of it at b'Ars vfx fair in Barcelona  (http://barsvfx.com/)  on the beginning of june.

Ha! That's awesome...

Dries

evilmaul

And here the final (at least until the next one :P )

kinda wanted to simulate the diva look on a red carpet with flashlight kind of lighting.