Family of Individuals (Studio Project)

Started by tmt0009, March 25, 2014, 01:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmt0009

This is a studio project (I'm an industrial deign student at Auburn University).  The project was titled "Family of Individuals" which means that each piece has to be separate from the others but still be considered in the family.  This "family" consists of a Soap Pump, Soap Dish, Cup, and Tissue Box Cover.  The materials are porcelain and glass.  The family was modeled was done in Rhino and then rendered in Keyshot. 

The attached images have been downsized to fit better in the forum page (they were originally 5000x2500 images).  There is one "hero shot" as we call it, an orthographic, and 3 detail shots.

Please comment or reply with any questions or tips you have.  Go easy on me though as this is my first official forum post I've ever done  :)  Thanks

FYI: These are just renderings and won't actually be produced in any way. 

TpwUK

I like all the renders, but the hero shot looks like you have the wrong focal length on the camera and its causing curvature issues to me.  Try setting the lens to 70mm to 110mm and then use some depth of field. Dolly in and out to get the full family portrait :)

Martin spencer-Ford

thomasteger

Nice work - keep it coming. Love the detail, even though you're missing the tiny fillet on the spout of the soup dispenser ;-)

alp

Josh3D

Welcome! These are indeed beautiful. I love the design and you have really done well with the material choice. Can't wait to see more!

tmt0009

Thanks for the tips guys.  This time I mostly fooled around with ray bounces, samples, etc; just basic stuff.  Next rendering I will definitely work with the camera settings more.