Main Menu

TRD 86

Started by ajilopez, April 05, 2014, 07:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajilopez

Finally, after a year of stop and go modelling, I've finally finished transforming this regular 86 to a TRD 86. Just a test render for Toyota Alabang here in the Philippines. It's sporting an all black TE37 Tokyo Time Attack Progressive rims.

edwardo

You need to re-light this entirely I think. I can't see whats going on at all. It'll be worth it... if youv spent so long modding the car, its worth showing it off to the best standard possible.

Push it...... work it.....ooh yea

ajilopez

Oh darn it! I had my Nvidia digital vibrance set to 100 while I rendered this. Everything was bright then. Anyway I'll go work on this again soon. Thanks!

Carlos

edwardo

also, is your HDRI quite low resolution? the reflection on the front wing/wheel arch looks quite jaggy. This is often down to low tessellation on your model, but it looks ok here (wheel arches look nice and smooth), so I'm guessing your HDRI may be quite low res (2000x1000 maybe?)

hope this helps
Ed

ajilopez

@ed

actually, this is a full 3d scene. no hdri used. the environment is pitch black, then used planes set to area light diffuse as a light source.

cheers

edwardo

ajilopez

@ed it was supposed to look something like this XD

Josh3D

Still looks like the image is low-res. Highlights could be improved to pick up the curves of the car. Check out Tim Feher's 'Best Practice for Automotive Renderings' in our webinars.

This one is a good rendered-looking image. You can see how all the detail is picked up, even in the grill.

This one is a more realistic render and still you get a good feel for the curves and detail.