New User - Label Issue

Started by cadkeys_1, April 09, 2014, 11:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadkeys_1

Hi,

I've literally just got KeyShot and am using it to enhance models I've made in IronCAD.

When I attempt to add a label to a material it massively oversizes the graphic, in the order of 1000x.

I have to reduce the scale manually to approx 0.003 before it's the size I'd expect of a scale value = 1

My models are in cm and in the order of metres in dimension and the image files I've edited in Inkscape to a measurement of 500mm so they should, at a scale of 1, simply land on the material where I click and be the expected size in relation to the rest of the model.. right?

I'm baffled as to what I'm doing wrong.

Naturally all the other label controls suffer from the same issue, where I have to adjust everything at 0.00X values to make incremental changes.

What am I doing wrong?  :-\

JimmyToTheBe

Hi cadkeys
Are you definitely sure that your saved image is 500mm. Just because this sometimes happens if the image is only recognised in pixels. Lets say if I save an image in photoshop to certain size, the actual aspect ratio into pixels might say 3500 x 2500 px. So it might be worth while seeing if you can view its size in this way.

Jimmy

cadkeys_1

Thanks Jimmy.

I think I've found an issue between IronCAD and Keyshot4

I created a 0.5m cube, selected render in KeyShot (IronCAD add-in) and the label I applied was small in the centre of a face

I then created a 50cm cube, selected render in KeyShot and applied the same label file and it was extremely large.  Had to be reduced to a scale of 0.1 to look like the metre cube model previously

I then created a 500mm cube, selected render in KeyShot and applied the same label and it was even larger. Reduced to 0.1 it appeared like the cm model and then reduced to 0.001 it looked like the metre model.

Now I believe they are all actually the same size cube, just with different units.  So it appears there is an issue with the actual size of the models coming across to KeyShot?

Is there some option or preference I should be configuring so that the actual size of the model comes across?

The label file is 512x512px and approx 18cmx18cm