Easter Bunnies!

Started by abedsabeh, April 13, 2014, 01:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abedsabeh

Some little fun for you guys!  :) Maya, zBrush

Abed

caricare immagini

edwardo

ooh, my favourite (apart from maybe lindor balls).

Really nice texture on the foil. Not sure about the red ribbon texture though. Great shot though

I want to go buy some now - the shop near me sells 3 for £1.... bargain

merry Easter
Ed

TpwUK

Good job again Abed, the chocolate bunny don't look right to me though, but it is close

Martin

EGON

The foil looks great. Maybe just take some red out of the chocolate. Make it look like Hershey chocolate. Good job!

abedsabeh

I gave it another shot! Let me know what you think guys.

Abed

hostare immagini

TpwUK

Looking more like it now, the first bunny was too much like liver, wikipedia lists chocolate as sRGB 123,63,0 so if your base colour is close to that you won't be too far off. The lustre some chocolate has is difficult to achieve though

Martin

edwardo

nice one. The ribbon is spot on now. The foil is spot on too. My only criticism is the bump on the chocolate - its got the same bump as the foil and this only happens when the chocolate melts slightly and moulds into the foil it is wrapped in. I went through a stage of eating these little basterds every day, and when you unwrap them the chocolate is perfectly smooth (unless they have spoiled in transit, which leaves them with the crinkled foil texture and a kind of white, chalky residue). I reckons you should do away with bump maps on the chocolate altogether.

good work

abedsabeh

Quote from: edwardo on April 14, 2014, 05:28:56 AM
nice one. The ribbon is spot on now. The foil is spot on too. My only criticism is the bump on the chocolate - its got the same bump as the foil and this only happens when the chocolate melts slightly and moulds into the foil it is wrapped in. I went through a stage of eating these little basterds every day, and when you unwrap them the chocolate is perfectly smooth (unless they have spoiled in transit, which leaves them with the crinkled foil texture and a kind of white, chalky residue). I reckons you should do away with bump maps on the chocolate altogether.

good work

Hahaha, I totally understand your point, and eating the bunny that stares at me everyday will make the chocolate store next door very happy. :)

I might smooth out another version of the chocolate bunny in zBrush.

Thank you guys!
Abed

Ed

Excellent Abed.   Your work certainly covers a wide range of subjects!

Ed

Speedster

Awesome foil! Maybe a tad more sheen to the chocolate? Also, I've never seen an unwrapped Easter bunny that someone has not bitten the ear off!
Bill G

HLeandre