Creature Designs Sculptris ,Blender, & KeyShot render.

Started by willettfx, April 27, 2014, 08:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willettfx

Creature Designs Sculptris ,Blender, & KeyShot render.

TpwUK

Did you use Blender for any sculpting of these little beasties ? I'd be interested in your views

Martin

willettfx

Quote from: TpwUK on April 27, 2014, 10:42:35 AM
Did you use Blender for any sculpting of these little beasties ? I'd be interested in your views
Martin
Hello Martin, No Sir,Sculpting in Sculptris only ,Blender is to separate meshes into objects

Creature designed in sculptris and separated objects and saved as OBJ for Blender. Open OBJ in Blender ,All objects are one. Must separate to its own object teeth ,gums, eyes, tongue,horns, and head.
In Blender edit mode wireframe select like the upper gum Press p separate selection and will turn red return to object mode select another parts of the mesh this will turn off red selection and the upper gum its it own object now. Repeat the process for each piece and after all made into separated objects put them back together to make creature in object mode.Saved export as a FBX And import in Keyshot and add Material to each object.

......I've tested ... and still can Not get Blender hair to show in Keyshot.

TpwUK

QuoteOpen OBJ in Blender ,All objects are one.

Yup, I discovered that a few days back whilst playing with Sculptris, that's a major flaw.

QuoteI've tested ... and still can Not get Blender hair to show in Keyshot.

I have been trying to play with hair in Blender too, and it seems to be a render time only effect, again a  major flaw :(

But at least you are working round things to get your objectives met :)

Martin