HDR problem in reflections

Started by AlexBBM, May 22, 2014, 11:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexBBM

Hi everyone!

How can I resolve this issue? This model and HDR has no problems with rendering in Modo...

Esben Oxholm

What if you change the angle to the same as in the modo-render?
From your images it looks like there's a "bulge" in the model, but because of the angle, it's more visible in the keyshot render.

AlexBBM

I see this problem and to other similar products, regardless of the angle. In Modo good from any angle.

DriesV

Interesting.
Can you upload your KS scene (ksp) or CAD/model?

Dries

AlexBBM

edwardo

I haven't looked at the zip you uploaded yet, but this looks more like issues with the model (surface continuity looks just tangental/G1 in the keyshot images). Was the model built in MODO, and is MODO somehow able to interoperate the model (smooth it out) in a way keyshot doesn't/can't?

Ed

DriesV

This looks like an issue with normals.

I imported the OBJ into modo, saved out as FBX (2013) and reimported into KS.
I think this removes the issue.

Dries

AlexBBM

2DriesV: I also thought the problem in normals and tried different ways to import\export model (FBX 2010, 2013, Collada, OBJ). It does not give perfect results on your render this defect is present. Used Level in PS for visible:

2Ed: Model in modo from SDS was frozen and cleaned (the standard way prepare model for export). I tried to remove the extra faces at the site, but it does not work. Reverse import OBJ to Modo as well rendered in the Modo.

If you use another editor, not Modo, can you try to make this model (very few clicks) and try to render in Keyshot?

DriesV

Modeled the cap in SolidWorks. Base shape is revolved spline. Imported through beta importer.

Dries

AlexBBM

The problem in the export from Modo. Thank you for your help.

AlexBBM

I continued to study. Model of DriesV has a rounded shape to the troubled area, so do not see the problem. I made ​​a model in 3DMAX (primitive, because I do not know the editor). Imported to OBJ.
I also noticed that the problem areas depends on the distance to the camera.

Click on it:

This model in Modo render.

AlexBBM

DriesV

Okay, here's another test I did.
SolidWorks and converted FBX model attached. You should be able to import them into KeyShot. Both seem to work great in the 'area of interest'.

Dries

AlexBBM

Can you try to make a bevel not round, as in the image below? And also remove the white table. Thx for help. Pardon of my eng.