Main Menu

RESO creatures

Started by ironconquest86, May 23, 2014, 07:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ironconquest86

Hey guys! Id like to show you some of the my work on Keyshot! My pipeline is usally maya/max> zbrush> keyshot>photoshop.

I hope you like them and any C&C are always welcomed!

Cheers!

Raul

ironconquest86

This on is an updated version of my entry to the 2013 Halloween Rendering Contest, normal maps make the difference!

IN case you wann see the original: https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php/topic,6888.0.html

ironconquest86

This one was done in my free time, just having fun!

On the first image (left side) is the monster in keyshot without posing, no hair and no saliva. Right one shows saliva hair and a quick pose.
Finally, on the second image is the final monster.

Cheers!

Raul

TpwUK

Very nice work Raul - You need to post more frequently.

Martin

ironconquest86

Quote from: TpwUK on May 23, 2014, 09:05:47 PM
Very nice work Raul - You need to post more frequently.

Martin

Thanks TpwUK, I´ll most definitely be posting more stuff !

ironconquest86

Hey guys! This is another creature I just finished and went ahead and did some texture test on skin and final render!
Hope you like it!
Cheers!

Raul

TpwUK

ya wouldn't want to have a nibble from him now, would you ?

Martin

Speedster

Yikes!  You've been watching too many Miley Cyrus videos! Great tongue action!
Bill G

ironconquest86

Quote from: TpwUK on May 24, 2014, 11:17:05 AM
ya wouldn't want to have a nibble from him now, would you ?

Martin

hehehe not at all Martin, I can almost hear the bones crunch!

ironconquest86

Quote from: Speedster on May 24, 2014, 01:21:26 PM
Yikes!  You've been watching too many Miley Cyrus videos! Great tongue action!
Bill G

Thanks Bill! I think Miley beats any tongue out there(...that crazy girl) heheheh.

Some of the inspiration on the tongue came from this, really beautiful, check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxQR0zyldYc&feature=kp

Raul

ironconquest86

Here a wip on a another creature, working out the eye shader and lighting, any recommendations?

Raul

TpwUK

The lighting seems good to me already, but the eye shader is more tricky...

I look at other peoples creatures somewhat biologically and try to figure the environment that has been present to make their creatures evolve that way. So in your case I see

• Large nose - Poor sense of smell so his nasal passages became larger, or he has a keen sense of smell for a specific food type
  • Eyes deeply set back, wide apart and with loose skin surrounding them. So he needs to focus long distance or, his food type is dangerous to his eyes and they need to be protected by those folds of skin as he eats
  • That sharp ridge in the skull, deflector type of thing forcing rain away from his delicate eyes, or is it streamlining thing, or possibly he needs to use that head to force his way into his food stuff

When i make up my mind more, then maybe i can contribute more :)

Martin

Josh3D

A bit too symmetrical perhaps, but I like how you've done the lighting, picking up the edges of the facial features nicely.

ironconquest86

Quote from: TpwUK on May 25, 2014, 01:00:22 PM
The lighting seems good to me already, but the eye shader is more tricky...

I look at other peoples creatures somewhat biologically and try to figure the environment that has been present to make their creatures evolve that way. So in your case I see

• Large nose - Poor sense of smell so his nasal passages became larger, or he has a keen sense of smell for a specific food type
  • Eyes deeply set back, wide apart and with loose skin surrounding them. So he needs to focus long distance or, his food type is dangerous to his eyes and they need to be protected by those folds of skin as he eats
  • That sharp ridge in the skull, deflector type of thing forcing rain away from his delicate eyes, or is it streamlining thing, or possibly he needs to use that head to force his way into his food stuff

When i make up my mind more, then maybe i can contribute more :)

Martin

Thanks for the input Martin, I really like the idea of the nasal ridge used as weapon /water delfector!

ironconquest86

Quote from: josh3d on May 27, 2014, 04:58:46 AM
A bit too symmetrical perhaps, but I like how you've done the lighting, picking up the edges of the facial features nicely.

Thanks Josh, am still playing with lights and composition, ill post another wip with a different idea.