Network render too bright

Started by 3D Off the Page, March 09, 2014, 05:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3D Off the Page

I am rendering an image on our render farm and when it is completed it is very bright and washed out compared to the same image rendered on the desktop.

thomasteger

It is difficult to say what the problem is. Can you share the scene?

Make sure you are running the latest version of KeyShot NR.

3D Off the Page

I am running the latest version of Keyshot both on the desktop and render farm.  Attached are examples of what has been run on the the desktop and network rendered.  I can send you the ksp file if needed.

thomasteger

3D Off the Page

Thomas, just sent an email with the file.

3D Off the Page

Figured it out.  I had to change the file locations to a blank file on my desktop versus the KeyShot folder.  The network render must have been grabbing some of the default environment or light settings.

thomasteger

Good to know. Thanks for the update.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: sseager on March 11, 2014, 03:13:33 PM
Figured it out.  I had to change the file locations to a blank file on my desktop versus the KeyShot folder.  The network render must have been grabbing some of the default environment or light settings.

Hey, sseager,

I'm having a lighting issue of my own : https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php/topic,8365.0.html and judging by what you said... I wonder if this could be happening to me where when I process the queue, it grabs some other environment settings and doesn't use my custom HDRI.

Have you ever seen something similar?

Thanks.

Will Gibbons

Figured I'd mention that I resolved my issue and it's because of your findings. The HDRZ file I created and was using wasn't in one of Keyshot's default environment folders. Once I moved it there, saved and refreshed it, all was well.