Trouble Importing Solid Edge assembly file in Keyshot 5

Started by RichardG, June 02, 2014, 05:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichardG

I am trying to import assemblies into Keyshot 5 and only one assembly worked so far. All the other just hang making no progress during the import. when I cancel the input, Keyshot has hung and I have to restart Keyshot. I sent the assembly files to our reseller and it imported fine for them. At the moment I can only use stp files which seem to work ok. My PC is a  fairly new Dell Precision with xenon processor and 12Gb of Ram. Anyone seen this before? Am I missing something?

Thanks
Richard

thomasteger

What version of Solid Edge are you using? If you are using ST6, then you should try and use the plugin with in Solid Edge.

RichardG

Hi Thomas

Thanks for the reply. Yes, we have ST6 but I don't use it. I am not one of the CAD designers within the organisation. I have taken this task on more for our Marketing department. As Keyshot doesn't require SE, I didn't think it would be a problem.

thomasteger

It certainly shouldn't be. An example file would help if you have it.

RichardG

Solved!

Apologies for my delay in replying. The issue related to a Windows Key Vault problem. I had been accessing the server using the ip address \\192.168.5.25 as the network hostname (venus) has never worked for me for a number of years. Given that the assembly was constructed by someone without this issue, the paths to the part files used the hostname. Once I'd fixed the key vault problem by entering updated credentials, the problem was solved. Phew! It also conveniently fixed an annoying issue I have had for some time.

pvineyard

If you do not have a license for Solid Edge, you can have your CAD department save the model directly to a .bip (KeyShot) file type, inside of Solid Edge. You can then open the .bip file and that should resolve any import issues.