Main Menu

Alien Snail

Started by TpwUK, June 04, 2014, 11:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TpwUK

My first alien bug with Sculptris, Zbrush and Keyshot v5
It's not up to the standard of some of the masters here, but it makes me smile :)

Martin

edwardo

Nice, Its quite 'instantly satisfying' when starting out with push/pull type sculpting apps if you'v come from a NURBS type environments. At least it was for me anyway. Zbrush still does my nut, but thats because I rarely use it and every time I visit it kind of have to re-learn it. And iv never gotten much farther beyond where your at now by the looks of it. I had a 'wow' moment when I started playing about with the alpha brushes (there are loads of great textures to download for free on their forum). Then I had another even bigger 'wow' moment when playing about with the 3d brushes - painting on actual geometry!! and doing stuff like wrapping chain/rope geometry around other objects. Edge loops functions are pretty cool too.

Do you have an iPad? there are a couple of really cool sculptress type apps whereby you can rough out some concept and export the obj's into sculptress / zbrush/ mud box or whatever to work on later. And if you like the feeling of digital sculpting you'll love it on touchscreen - so intuitive (I'd love to try Zbrush on a wacom cintiqe)

Ed
ps. Nice fur. I hadn't got round to trying fibre mesh yet.

thomasteger

lazer

I love the hair  ;). I echo the standard here is very high so it can be difficult to impress when so many renders at high level drop in. Rendering in general over the years has changed, once a black art with complex settings and sliders and you needed a degree in lighting :'( now made easy with keyshot for entry level Cad users to render great renders with the added bonus for the already good render guys to bring it to the next level as we see in this forum.

Your render made me smile  ;)