FaragoDesign

No luck getting textures to work on network render Version: 5.0.16

• Master is on Mac 24 cores (Mavericks)
    Slave is Mac (Mavericks) as well
    Have placed texture and bip in same directory
    Noticed that KS5 always crashes on texture refresh
    Suspect there might be a connection

Robb63

To piggyback on this in case it is a related issue.

I'm having trouble with decals that are on a network drive moving when they are rendered through the Queue. They are shifted up a few centimeters (in the scale I'm working at). I've had them not show up before during a render queue session in KS4, but not move?? the same file renders file when I hit the "Render" button without restarting KS.

Rex

farago,

Does the log show any critical messages when you open the file?
Can you try to import the textures/labels to the KeyShot library, reapply them to your materials then try to render through the network to see if this solves your problem?

Robb63,

Does this only happen when you render through the queue? Not default or background? Can you please send the .ksp to rex@luxion.com via keyshot.wetransfer.com

Regards,
Rex

Robb63

Hi Rex,
File is on its way to you. Yes, only in the queue, and only the main decal seems to move the other two decals which are being pulled from the same network folder don't seem to be affected.

Rob

Rex

Rob,

None of the textures were saved with the KSP so I'm guessing you moved the file location of the labels after applying them to your materials? Can you try to remove all the original labels then reapply directly from the N://preemadona/Decals folder, then save, close and reopen to see if this solves the problem? Also, check your log to see if your getting any critical errors for missing textures.

Rex

Robb63

Hi Rex,
I just created those decals and applied them today, they are a different set than the ones that were failing (same directory), but I've never moved, or renamed that directory as far as I can remember??

I checked the log on opening the file and got this "(15:30:43) Could not open  "./KeyShot 3/keyshot3.xml"  for writing."

I removed the decal, then reapplied it. That seems to have fixed the issue, thanks!

FaragoDesign

Rex - thanks

Saved textures in all the likely spots
Log files are not complaining of missing textures
When I simplify - all is good no matter where textures are - (attached - a mix of local and remote textures and decals)

Will run more tests

Peter

cmindler

I'm having a similar issue.   If I render locally the texture and how it is mapped render fine.  If I render over the network the texture shifts down the object.  We've tried rendering from two different workstations.  I remapped the texture several times.  One would think if it can render locally that over the network would work the same, or at least produce the same results.  This problem is hampering our production since anything with a texture has to be rendered locally currently.  I attached the two renderings as well as the bip and the texture used.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

J_Qumini

Hello everybody,
did anyone find a solution to texture moving when rendered with queue?
I have the same problem but couldn't find any solution to that, in the forum as well..
This issue is killing all the work flow.
Thank you for your help.

Fabio

Chad Holton

Hi Fabio - what version are you using exactly (e.g. 5.0.0)?

Chad

J_Qumini

Hi Chad,

I'm using v 5.0.80

Thanks,
Fabio

Chad Holton

Yeah, that's an old one. There is a much newer version available: https://www.keyshot.com/downloads/updates/

Try it out and let us know if you still have an issue.