Main Menu

Lego fan-art

Started by Eldero, June 15, 2014, 08:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eldero

Time for some nostalgia ... a blend of Belgian comics and one of my favorite toys.  I left out the titles of the comics, but added the signature of the authors.  Curious if you know which characters I've chosen. I like to mention I am not a fan of Jef Nys work (not my cup of thee), however it was fun to translate his characters to Lego figurines.

The base character is a mix of two purchased 3D models at Turbosquid. Tools, hair, other bodies etc. are done in ZBrush. Rendered with the new Keyshot 5 which is unfortunately crashing all the time, even when doing some basic actions :( That said the upgrade has very valuable new stuff!

Enjoy!

thomasteger

Ha - these are great!

Josh3D

Very cool! Great mix.

Can you send your crash details into support@luxion.com?

feher

Love these little pieces of plastic.
You took something so simple and made then engaging and fun to look at.
Great presentation !
Its a keeper in my book.
Tim

Eldero

Thomas, Josh, Feher ... thank you for your kind comments!

Going to create some more ... it's so much fun to do!  I also plan to challenge myself by creating a set for one of these characters.  That will take some time, but I'll post it as soon as it's done.

@ Josh3D : unfortunately I have the bad habit to delete my crash -and diagnostic reports.  I would think it are these that I need to send to support? Or do I just describe what I did ... or both?

Josh3D

If it repeats, just send the report in and/or the .ksp file. They'll have a look!

PhilippeV8

Just wondering why "belgian comics" is crossed out for Jef Nys / Jommeke ... ??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jef_Nys

PS: there's one missing on that Jommeke shot ... you should add a little parrot that he can hold on his hand  ;)

Eldero

Dear PhillipeV8 ... crossing 'belgian comics' in the image with Jeff Nys characters is a subtle hint to let people know I am not a fan of his work. After all this is about fan-art ... in that particular case, I am a real fan of Lego but not of - once again - Jef Nys's work (I state this also in my comment, accompanying the images). In all other images I am a fan of both the authors and Lego. Does that answer your pondering?

I am from Belgium and know quite a lot about comics (from Belgium and France alike) ... at least I used to. My memory works still ok to remember what I knew then :)

The parrot ... I know :/ The dog could also be one making the picture complete. Isn't there a monkey too? I am wondering if I should not add 'Schanulleke' as well (Suske&Wiske comics) ... as far as I am concerned I am moving on to other leg-fan art (I have an antire list).  But first I plan to create some new silly creatures/animals for 3D print.

warm regards ... eldero

PhilippeV8

Cheers !

Just thought it looks now as tho Jef Neys or Jommeke is not a belgian comic.
Either way, never been much of a Jommeke-fan myself either.  I'm more a Biebel fan :p  ;D
Have to say taht I don't know the last character in your renders.

Greetz from Waregem

Eldero

Hello Philippe ... the last character has Grzegorz Rosinski's signature (the writer of the comic used to be Jean Van Hamme). Any idea now who it might be :)

Waregem ... relatively close. Greetz from Brussels!

DriesV

Very effective characterization! ;)

Greetz from Herenthout.
Funny how all (most?) Belgians reach out to each other in these WC days. ;D May this vibe linger for a little while longer...

Dries

Eldero

Hello Dries ... it's a good vibe, so why not!

Since you mentioned WC ... here 3 more images I posted on my FB page the 26th of June.

Herenthout is relatively close too (I had to look it up to be honest). More or less the same distance as Waregem.

Cheers ... elder

Eldero

eldero ... not elder :/

DriesV

Ideally, the Courtois figure should be taller than the others. :) Does Lego have different size figures?

Dries

edwardo

Lego has only has the standard 'movable' legs and shorter fixed legs (both seen in the above image). I guess 1x1 pieces could be added to the feet?