LAB color picker - broken

Started by andy.engelkemier, June 16, 2014, 09:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy.engelkemier

A and B don't allow negative values in the input field, but they Should.

You can drag them to the left of center and the color values are probably correctly displayed, but the numerical value stays at zero.

edit:
Also, is it just me, or is it a little odd that RGB is displayed as CMY in that order? Am I just not thinking clearly?

Rex

Thank you.

This has been filed with development and should be fixed in the next update.

Not exactly sure what your asking in regards to RGB/CMYK ordering?

andy.engelkemier

yeah, I just had a special moment on that one. RGB looks just fine. I forgot that RGB changes color in the bars based on the value. It shows as RGB with values at zero, and CMY with values at 100%. Thanks for logging the LAB one.

It would also be nice to be able to put more specific values there. I've never seen an LAB value with no decimal. Usually the more precise value is LAB, but without decimals in A and B, there are only 3.6 million colors possible, while rgb has 16.78 million colors. Any possibility to get that fixed? From software I've used, it's pretty standard to use 2 decimal points in the two percentage values.

Rex

My color picker shows two decimal places. Is this not what you're seeing?

andy.engelkemier

well that's curious. It definitely showed only whole numbers prior to me posting that. But when I went back to double check, I see the same as you.
I'm not sure what circumstance brought that up, but I'll definitely let you know if I can figure out what it was. I tried a few different combinations of things to try and reproduce it, but with no luck.

It must be one of those silly things like, it only shows up if you open a material with a hidden part, or if the material was first from the library, then you make a change....something specific like that.