New feature driven Keyshot 5 tests

Started by Despot, June 18, 2014, 05:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Despot

Back to using my thread for what it was originally intended for...  ;)

QuoteJohn those curvature materials look amazing! Please share on KeyShot Cloud!

I had every intention of doing that Rex  :) , just working up new ones and posting a few more images, then I will upload to the Cloud

QuoteDelicious! All of them, but especially that first dragsters image.

Thanks Dries, much appreciated...

QuoteSweet renders John!
And Thank you thank you thank you for illuminating the Curvature Procedural!
That is just too cool!

Edit: After playing around with it for just few minutes Im loving it.
It would be nice if we could somehow overlay this procedural over the top of an existing material without having to overwrite the color.
For example be able to apply a curvature modifier of sorts to a nice red plastic. Giving the same controls just adding to the material information thats already there.
I dont know if this could be done but it sure would be sweet.
John Im with everyone else that has said post these on the cloud :)
Im going to try my hand at making some but would love to see how you are setting things up as well.
Cheers!

Thanks Jerod... Yes, it's a cool addition to KS, that's for sure...

Regarding adding the procedural to already existing materials, you can already do that, as far as I can tell, the colour chips in Curvature replace the colour chips for, plastic, paint, Metallic paint, dialectric etc etc - so I have been able to create any look I want... I've attached an image of an orangey-red plastic/paint material

It would be cool to see what you come up with !!

QuoteWOW great renders

Thanks Jimmy...

Chaos Bust by Stefano Bernardi

TpwUK

Nice results again J - I like your experimental stuff, keep em coming

Martin

Despot

QuoteReally cool stuff - just started messing around with curvature to add a little dirt to cut lines in car body panels.

Cheers Sandy...

QuoteLast bit of jabble about indirect bounces...

Dries, here's a helpful suggestion... why not create a new thread for your indirect bounce discussions ?

Please...  :)  ;)

J

Despot

Last few renders before I upload these to the KS Material Cloud...

A Fuctifino Clay and a Worn Pewter

Cheers

J

TpwUK

Robb63

Quote from: DriesV on June 19, 2014, 11:25:03 PM
Quote from: The Metal Master on June 18, 2014, 05:23:53 AM
But the most fascinating (and relatively hidden away) feature is the Curvature procedural shader - in my mind it is immense
... Some of these are a bit technical, but still easy to grasp and use if a few typical use cases would be provided.

I think Luxion should provide some 'reference cards' with clear examples of what each feature does and where it could be useful.

I think that is a really great idea!!

shapeshifter

Great results Metal Master! Did you have a chance to upload these already to the keyshot cloud? Can't wait to play with them.. :)