Unlink not Unlinking

Started by degruch, June 19, 2014, 04:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

degruch

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm on KS4.3 and have not been able to unlink materials the 2-3 times I've used the software...is this a known fault? Is there a fix?

Additionally, the dialog box for exiting the program always opens behind the program itself and is inaccessible - if I forget to save before exiting I lose my changes, as the only way to log out is via Control Panel on my computer...anyone else found this too?

Cheers,
Duane

degruch

UPDATE: Unlink works on separate bodies, but not on surfaces.

Additional fits and giggles:

> Copying a material does not appear to work...it produces random results, some properties copied, others not, nothing can be modified after it has been copied.
> Not sure what Live Linking does, but my SolidWorks models do not update whilst I'm using KS - I thought this was Live Linking?
> Render in Background works, but I cannot access my KS file whilst it is rendering - I thought this is what Render in Background was supposed to avoid?
> Render in Background also leaves my file on 'Pause', which I cannot seem to turn off - I have to exit the program to un-pause.
> Imported files are tiny and must be scaled up.

Are any of these familiar? Any help solving these problems would be much appreciated - I assume some of them are a result of lack of knowledge, but some are bugs.

I must say, I was producing simple but realistic renders years ago using KS, but cannot get anything to look better than average on KS4 and above...very disappointed.