hold resolution size?

Started by menizzi, June 22, 2014, 12:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

menizzi

I am on my roommate  computer using keyshot and every time I want to render out my stargate model I change the size to say 2560x1600 and as soon as I click on the file name or something else the size changes to some thing else other then what I typed in. I know its some setting doing this behavior just annoying I don't know what it is.

menizzi

anyone? I can't ask him at this time as we both work offshore and are off at different times. If anyone can answer please do. cheers.

TpwUK

Have you tried locking the resolution and aspect ratios ?

Martin

menizzi

Both just now. I might try to call the company and see whats going it.  It 100% keeps changing on its own and nothing i do even after re starts will stop it. If i pick a res i want to render out as or even work in as soon as i click off it changes to something different. Something is going on.

m2tts

Does your friend not have the pro version? The standard version is limited in the final rendering size.

menizzi

It says 4.0 pro.

I was watching some youtube videos and its doing it those too. The guy says put in the first part and then just click in the second box and it auto fills it in.

*render tab
*resolution box First box 1920 (when i click over to the next box) It changes to 1188
*The print size changes # too. 16.764 / 10.0584
*When I click in the second box of the resolution box to change it from 1920 by 1188 and change the 1188 to 1220 the first box changes to 2133.

So in effect it is auto changeing the resolution  and won't let you pick the final res. It also seems to be normal because its going on in other youtube render videos.

I just want my final image to be 1920x1280

Robb63

A couple of ideas...

If your setting up a rendering you want to set the DPI first, then change the "resolution" to 1920x1280 (or what ever you want it to be). That should stop it from bouncing around.

In the real time window, the monitor resolution may not be able to go as high as 1920 x 1280 which would be why that doesn't stay at the number you type in.

menizzi

1920x1080 is what the monitor goes up to. That fixed it. More or less I was putting in setting that were higher then what the monitor was about to see. The jumping around stopped after the real time settings were set to 1920x1080

Thank you ^_^