Main Menu

visualize sets

Started by andy.engelkemier, June 23, 2014, 04:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy.engelkemier

I might want to use 6 different environments for my 6 cameras. Of course, I don't actually trust sets right now. But it's the only way I know of to have multiple environments linked to a scene.

Each camera shot will likely need a different environment. But there's no way to see which environments are associated with a scene. Keyshot doesn't let you have a material or environment unless they are actually in use. It'd be nice if you could have materials in the same way. I usually just make some balls and assign materials to them so I can keep a material around in case a piece gets deleted later on. There's no point in saving to the library if you're only saving a material for one scene.

So I have these 6 environments, but how do I see them? I have to switch sets to figure out which ones are attached to the file. It'd be nice to be able to see them all in one place somehow. Even better if you could see their relationships, and perhaps change them. I'm a big fan of node-based visualization. If we could get the same thing with textures, that would also be killer.

Robb63

Under the "Camera" tab instead of selecting "Add Camera", choose "Add Viewset", this saves all of the environment settings (including HDRI), it also saves all of your render setting under the "Settings" tab.

IMHO, One of the best features that was added in KS4!! At least for my workflow

andy.engelkemier

Yes, I'm aware of that. Also it's Very broken right now in KS5.

What I'm looking for is a way to visualize what environments are used in those sets. There's no way to know without just going through all of them. I'd like to see all of the environments at once, like the materials and cameras. I can see all of those listed, but you're stuck with only seeing one environment at a time. I'd like to see that I've used 9 cameras, 18 materials, and 6 environments. Currently you can see how many materials you've used, how many cameras you've used, and that's it.