Cinema 4D Rigid Body Dynamics rendered in KS5 (with stills)

Started by Despot, June 24, 2014, 01:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artur

Could you link me to a tutorial for this or even a plugin for this.

Thanks in advance.

LM6

Hi Artur

The use of emitters requires a different approach, regular FBX export won't work as not all the objects are in the scene at frame one, even if you bake you will have the same same problem as  Keyshot will just import the first frame.

To get Keyshot to read and render your sim I recommended you export an Alembic  file and then use Keyshot 6s scripting console to auto load each frame one at a time and render them for you.

I hope that makes sense

PS..when you have exported the Alembic from C4D load it back into C4D to check your sim before you render in Keyshot, to set materials use Keyshot importer to load any frame you want from the file.

Cheers

Peter

Quote from: Artur on December 14, 2015, 12:11:33 AM
Could you link me to a tutorial for this or even a plugin for this.

Thanks in advance.

Artur

Seems a bit complex...  :o

Maybe I should find a different approach for this.
I need KS to load the particle animation so I can make a VR for web integration.

It would be great if we have a simple process to do so.

LM6

Yes it's a bit more complex, but not that bad, you can get some great results.

Here is a clip I created using this method.

https://vimeo.com/130878935

Cheers

Peter

Quote from: Artur on December 14, 2015, 01:26:41 AM
Seems a bit complex...  :o

Maybe I should find a different approach for this.
I need KS to load the particle animation so I can make a VR for web integration.

It would be great if we have a simple process to do so.

Artur

Looks really good.

I am interested in making this sort of animation using C4D particles and doing the render in KS6.

If you could send me more info or even a tutorial on how to make the transition from C4D particles to KS6 I would be thankful.
The animation in C4D is ready to export but the conversion and the import for KS its whats stopping me form reaching my goal.

Thanks in advance.

LM6

Ok I will speak Josh and Rex and maybe Luxion can add something about how to do this in their up and coming webinars as its part of the new ver 6 features as I am not setup for making tuts and I think it would need a vid.

What version of C4D do you have??

Quote from: Artur on December 14, 2015, 07:13:51 AM
Looks really good.

I am interested in making this sort of animation using C4D particles and doing the render in KS6.

If you could send me more info or even a tutorial on how to make the transition from C4D particles to KS6 I would be thankful.
The animation in C4D is ready to export but the conversion and the import for KS its whats stopping me form reaching my goal.

Thanks in advance.

Artur

Thanks a lot for the help.
This is a long standing project of mine and the client is getting impatient for the VR's.

I currently am using C4D r15.

If you could direct me to some extra information I would be great full.

Thanks again.