Missing ground reflection when using the ground plane

Started by thinkdes, June 25, 2014, 01:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thinkdes

Hello,

I am very new to Keyshot 5 and am getting some confusing behavior that I don't quite understand.

I originally completed a couple of renderings of a product with the ground reflection option checked. These images were output as .TIFF images with the alpha channel. Everything worked fine.

The client did not like some of the blockiness of the ground reflection so I added a ground plane with the ground material and modified the settings of the ground material to get a better ground reflection. These images were also output as .TIFF images with the alpha channel. The problem I have is that these images with the alpha channel do not contain a ground reflection. If I change the output to a .TIFF image and leave "Include alpha" unchecked, when I open the image I can see the ground reflection.

Is there something that I am missing as to why inserting a ground plane would make the ground reflection no longer appear in an image output with the alpha channel? I get the same results if I output the file as .PNG with alpha channel as well.

Thanks,
matt