Zoom reserve in Keyshot VR

Started by ddolezal, June 30, 2014, 05:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddolezal

Hello,

I have done a few experiments with Bottles in Keyshot VR and I could not find a slolution for a problem I'd like to call "zoom reserve".
In Keyshot VR it is possible to set a "Maxium Zoom"-Value. What happens is that the VR is showed in its rendered resolution (=96dpi), so one rendered pixel of any VR-Image is one Monitor pixel.
When I zoom in, I do not really get much more detail, but I only get "bigger" Pixels - at a zoom Value of 200% one rendered pixel is 4 Monitor pixels.

Would there be any possibility to render a little bit of resolution "in reserve"?

Lets say that I have a display area of 400x250 px on my webpage.
I normally would set up my VR to exactly this size and the maximum possible zoom to 200%.

But in my scenario I want to render the image that it has full resolution @ 200% - which would be 800x500 pixels, which are initially only displayed with a 50% scaling.

How do I achieve this without having to "Hack" the javascript code (which I am simply unable to)?

A request for a future version would be to be able to enter the "initial size" of the VR and enter a different "render size".

Hopefully I was able to make myself clear.

Thanks a lot for your tips in advance,

Dieter