bug after updating osx mavericks 10.9.4

Started by slash, July 10, 2014, 02:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slash

I have this bug after I updated the the os to 10.9.4
keyshot works until I import any kind of model into it, after that I can use the interface but the viewport get stuck and if I try to resize the window a lot of artefacts start to appear in the viewport. Obviously I can't downgrade to the previous os version, so I am wondering if there is a chance to fix the problem.

TpwUK

Try opening or importing a file using a list view from finder, see if that helps.

Martin

slash

I tried but nothing changed, still have the same problem. I also noticed that if I add a basic geo from keyshot library it doesn't give me any problem. It happens only when I import a file

Rex

I see you've updated the OS but did you check for any additional software updates?

TpwUK

I think it's the QT bug - but don't think i get it across very well :(

So I will try again like this, just in case ... Make sure when opening or importing that your finder screen shows the list, not icon views.

Martin

KeyShot

It is indeed a QT bug. It has been fixed in 5.1

TpwUK

I only knew it because Thomas told me the work around when that bug got me too

Martin

slash

it's working now....that's definitely an original way to solve the problem!

thanks!!  ;)

TpwUK

Another work around for it is to click render - let it render the image then close the window, when it returns to the live view, it suddenly displays correctly again too

Martin

br3ttman

I'm having the same issue on my Mac, so I checked for an update, but the latest I can find is 5.0.99.  I've updated to 5.0.99 and I'm still having the same problem.  I find if I just save the file, get out, and relaunch, I'm O.K.  Additionally, I'm finding that if I open any older scene, in particular KeyShot 4.0 scenes, and add any new geometry, the main viewport just locks up.  I can make menu picks but nothing happens and eventually it'll crash. 

When will the 5.1 update be available?