[Update] The Bell Tower of Beijing 2014 Shadowychild Design(4K Resolution Test)

Started by shadowychild, July 10, 2014, 07:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowychild

Today I present to you (probably) the world's first 3D rendering video in 4K resolution. The model itself is very simple, but it still took keyshot4 2-3 days non-stop rendering.

I would make another 4k video with Keyshot 5 later this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXh2EpY9Fbw

Another (final) 4k video test: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GG4dWcWMik

Despot

I don't know if it's just me thinking this, but why would you render this at 4k ?? There is not one shred of detail that would benefit from it.

Or are you planning on showing it on a mini cinema screen with popcorn ?

shadowychild

I was doing this as a test. I am planning to do a bigger project later this year/next year which would hopefully benefit from using 4K.

Despot

You really need to work a tiny bit more on the modelling, lighting and texturing of this...

It is so bland that the only thing I enjoyed was the pre-advert for the Chandelier Tree in California...

m2tts

Quote from: shadowychild on July 10, 2014, 07:55:19 PM
(probably) the world's first 3D rendering video in 4K resolution.

Ahh... Disney? Pixar? no way is this the first 4k animation.

Despot

QuoteAhh... Disney? Pixar? no way is this the first 4k animation.

Tell me about it... In 1997 (even that far back) we were rendering 4K animatics when I worked in the Virtual Reality Centre at Teeside University... These were to be shown on a 12 foot curved screen.

Angelo

Quote from: The Metal Master on July 24, 2014, 05:48:37 AM
QuoteAhh... Disney? Pixar? no way is this the first 4k animation.

Tell me about it... In 1997 (even that far back) we were rendering 4K animatics when I worked in the Virtual Reality Centre at Teeside University... These were to be shown on a 12 foot curved screen.

woah that long time ago, i was like 9 years old then :O....respect for your knowledge veteran! o7

Despot

Quotewoah that long time ago, i was like 9 years old then :O....respect for your knowledge veteran!

Yeah, a long time ago, although when I've checked my records, my input wasn't until 2000/2001...  :)