UV's and Environment Floor

Started by Divinitymagic, July 24, 2014, 12:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Divinitymagic

HI all, i got Keyshot 5 the other day, prior to this i had never used Keyshot before, and i decided i want some beautiful renders. For many years ive just been using Vray.

I have 2 issues i hope someone can help me with...

1. Importing subtools separately i find that "some" of my texture maps will adhere to the UV co-ordinates and some will not. Granted i always have to ensure the Flip V tab is on but i just dont know why a few of my subtools are fine and others not? - after checking this in other programs (zbrush, Max2014) all the uvs are fine and oriented the same....

2. In this scene i like to have a floor with a studio enviroment, but the floor seems to be hitting a mid level subtool, e.g. im importing 20 subtools of a mech ive created, but the floor seems to be situated at the torso rather than the foot.  I had thought that maybe changing the pivot origin in another program may help but alas this done not. - Please help me.

regards

Divinitymagic

Divinitymagic

Floor Issue solved! - Thanks to a post i found and a reply from Thomas Teger on this forum i was able to solve this issue. By selecting all models in the scene tree then snapping to ground :-)

Rex

Quote from: Divinitymagic on July 24, 2014, 12:16:43 AM
HI all, i got Keyshot 5 the other day, prior to this i had never used Keyshot before, and i decided i want some beautiful renders. For many years ive just been using Vray.

I have 2 issues i hope someone can help me with...

1. Importing subtools separately i find that "some" of my texture maps will adhere to the UV co-ordinates and some will not. Granted i always have to ensure the Flip V tab is on but i just dont know why a few of my subtools are fine and others not? - after checking this in other programs (zbrush, Max2014) all the uvs are fine and oriented the same....

2. In this scene i like to have a floor with a studio enviroment, but the floor seems to be hitting a mid level subtool, e.g. im importing 20 subtools of a mech ive created, but the floor seems to be situated at the torso rather than the foot.  I had thought that maybe changing the pivot origin in another program may help but alas this done not. - Please help me.

regards

Divinitymagic

hey Divinity! welcome to KeyShot! I hope you're enjoying it so far. Remember that we have tutorials and quicktips posted on youtube.com/keyshot3d

In regards to the UV coordinate issue can you please contact support@luxion.com and attach the file that is giving you problems.

Thanks

Divinitymagic

Hi there Rex,

thanks for the response, yes i certainly will do that - im excited to see what i can produce with this fantastic software :-)