2014 July Hot Rod Cover Art

Started by feher, July 28, 2014, 05:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

Hi All,
2015 Dodge Challenger.
I was excited when asked to do a cover of the new 15 Challenger for HotRod Magazine.
The original cover was done with the Billet Silver exterior/Red interior took 4 days to complete. Then was asked to do it in Sublime. I had one day for that....lol Love those deadlines.
The first image is the original image I did. They did use it in the table of contents section. It was small but it was used...lol
Enjoy
Tim

Ed

What an honor - Congratulations Tim!

Ed Ferguson

Berzerkdesign

TpwUK

Well done Tim, guess that makes it a 'keeper' :P

Martin

Josh3D

Oooo, so nice. The Sublime version is just that.

feher

Thanks everyone !

I wish I had more time on this project.
The final renders were done at 10K. So a lot of detail was lost once scaled for magazine... :(

Tim

Speedster

Great job, Tim, and congrats!  It's always a shame when they clutter up a beautiful image with all the stuff! They should at least give you one of the critters (the car, not the mag!) in compensation!

Also, and this is not a criticism.  I've noticed that blacks tend to grey out in actual print, but never in proof.  Your tires (as printed) are an example, as they look grey now as compared to your render.  Same thing happens to me, and as you know I use a lot of black.  Maybe it's just the half-tones?  Interesting, however...

Bill G

keaneray

Nice Tim, exceptional work as always.

feher

Thanks Bill,
I knew the printing would make it heavy looking... :o They really brighten up the image as a whole.

Thanks Keaneray !

Chad Holton