Can't render in Keyshot 5 Basic

Started by Re-Sol, August 04, 2014, 12:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re-Sol

Our company has a license for Geomagic (formerly Alibre) CAD software which included a license for Keyshot 5 Basic.

I tried the Keyshot 5 full version demo a few days ago. I was able to open all of our Geomagic files regardless of file extension. I imported them, textured them, and rendered them (with a watermark). Satisfied with the results I activated the full version demo with our Basic versions registration key.

I am now unable to import any of the files I was before. I now have to export all files from Geomagic as .bip and then import them into Keyshot 5 Basic. Most frustratingly, I cannot render anything. No matter what I try the render button is always greyed out. I import a .bip model, texture it, and can do nothing more. I tried going to the render tab and the word "render" is in black but clicking on it does nothing. Lastly, the Ctrl + p shortcut does nothing but print a screen shot.

I was aware that Keyshot 5 Basic was lacking a few features from the full version, but can it not render?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Rex

Re-Sol,

This is correct. Rendering is disabled in KS5 Basic. However, if you maximize the realtime view, give it some time to rez up and take a screenshot you can still get some good results.

Rex