Problem graphic resolution Keyshot-Mac Display Retina

Started by Albedal, September 12, 2014, 01:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albedal

Hi to everyone
First of all I apologize if I should not ask for help here or if the topic already exists but I'm really new to the forum.
What happens to me is that I had the fortune to change my macbook pro with a Retina Display one, but installing KeyShot 5 (and also 4) on my new computer I noticed that this program doesn't look good on my mac, it seems that resolution program does not fit to my screen, really do not know if I have to install a special plugin or where I configure the program so that I can not see pixelated. And also when I start a Render, the final result is awful. Please i cannot work like this. Please, help me to fix this problem.

I have a
Macbook Pro Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014
2,6 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB Ram
Intel Iris Graphics
Software OS X 10.9.4

Thanks a lot!

edwardo

Hi Albedal, I recently upgraded to a retina screen MBP. Many pieces of software that were established before retina resolution came out don't look good scaled up. What used to be 1 pixel is now 4 pixels, and there doesn't seem to be any spacial anti aliasing going on at all. Adobe CS6 looks rubbish too, and I'm resisting upgrading to CC.

The good news is , iv looked at KS5.1 and its retina ready... almost. The interface, buttons and icons are sharp and clear. The real time display still seems to not want to fullscreen at 2440x1800 (its still 1440x900). But i realise that calculating 4x the pixels will slow the frame rate down to a quarter. So maybe a full-res realtime mode is pointless anyway.

I don't understand why your final results are 'awful' when you render something out. I got great results (well, nice sharp results, maybe not great renders). Have you tried rendering something out at 2880x1800 pixels, then viewing it in something like 'preview' or just expanding the file with the spacebar?

Be patient - all software will look crisp and sharp on the retina displays soon enough. Retina displays have been a god send on my eyes (far less straining)!

Albedal

First of all, Thanks for the answer Eduardo. So I really hope to see the new 5.1 soon. It's really bad see with a low and pixelated resolution my 3d models.
Renders are awful because, still working on high render parameters, the results are, especially when I renderize "the light" on a lamp, still pixelated or in their correspondence are squared like little bricks. it seems as if the parameters are not altered.
I used to use KS4 on my last macbook and the results were great. I hope that the new 5.1 will be released soon because i'm a designer and i have to work with it.

edwardo

UPDATE:

Duh, i just saw this....There is a "retina mode" in the "view" menu.... and its awesome!