Model has disappeared on screen!!

Started by lenny, September 25, 2014, 05:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Hi,

Whilst using keyshot the assembly I was working on suddenly disappeared! I can still see all the models used to make up the assembly in the project tab but my screen is blank. I've tried zooming out but still nothing.

Lenny

Chad Holton

Hi Lenny,

What KeyShot version are you using exactly (can be found under Help>About)?

Best regards,
Chad

lenny

Chad Holton

Hm... it's been a while since I ran into that one. Try saving the scene as another name (for backup), restart KeyShot and open the scene. Does that make the scene display again?

lenny

I tried 'saving as' but still no good! When the file opens, the models in the project tab are all unchecked for some reason, but even after checking them there is still no sign of my assembly!!

lenny

Hi Chad,

The file size I'm working on is 1.7gb, could this be the problem??

Chad Holton

Are you using the 32 bit version? Also, does anything show up when you render?

TpwUK

32bit KS3 on 32bit OS gives only something like 1.3gb working RAM, my guess would be you have started to page to your HDD
If your OS is 64bit then cancel the above

Martin

lenny

Hi Martin,

I'm using 64 bit windows. When I render nothing shows up. It's like I lost the assembly on the page but cant seem to zoom in again to find it!!

Chad Holton

When you select parts in the scene tree, does an outline show?

If not, check your Distance (Dolly) under the Project>Camera tab. Play with this value, it may be pulled too far out or in.

Despot

I used to get things like this on my AMD machine...

J

lenny

Can't see any outline when parts are selected on scene tree, tried adjusting the dolly diatance.... still nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Chad Holton

Hm... have you tried importing the troublesome BIP into a new scene? If that works you have a few options to get the model back to speed (with material templates/retain materials).