Architecture-Interior Render-Tests(update)

Started by Dragos Pitu, September 30, 2014, 05:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragos Pitu

Hi , I've been testing Keyshot for ARCHVIZ lately and this is my first test. It's not final , but I'm glad with the results so far. Minor color correction and contrast in Photoshop.

feher

Thats what I'm talking about !
Nice !
Tim

edwardo

Arn

I feel that the grass is a dead giveaway, but the rest is really sharp and crisp.

Dragos Pitu

thanks! the grass , yes , it has no material yet , because I focused on the light in the scene.

Josh3D

Looking really good so far. Cant wait to see where you take this!

Tim Wolf

Dragos Pitu

TpwUK

Esben Oxholm

This is so far the most convincing interior KeyShot render I've seen. Good job!

Because it's so good, I really want you to push it as far as possible. I've drawn some arrows and circles on your image, that I think can be improved:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2388699/inteior2.94_ed_comments.jpg

Blue: Obvious tiling. The cracks look nice, but if you could avoid having the same cracks twice, it will make the render so much better.

Green: It is a shame that it's blown out on this render. The yellow tint in the texture on the first render, looks cool. Try to bring it back.

Purple: Theres is something about this object that looks more "cg" than the rest of the scene. I'm not sure why. Maybe the texture. Maybe the modeling. Maybe I just don't like the design of it. I would replace it with another table, but we're probably into the field of taste here.

Orange: The texture on the carpet is great. I just think it implies a more rigid carpet, that's not capable of folding in the way it is in your render. The folds should be more smooth and have a bigger radius. Try do a search for carpet fold.

Hope you can use some of it to make this render really stand out!

Dragos Pitu

Thank you, Esben Oxholm! I will consider your points on what's good and what's not and the next post will be better , i hope :)).
Thanks again for showing me the flaws in the render. I'll be posting soon a new interior render.

P.S. I find it quite hard to render archviz in Keyshot. It's a stuggle with the light and some mapping. For automotive renders it's so easy to use and fast.

Will Gibbons

Nice thread here. Cool renderings and nice technical critique!

feher

Dragos Pitu

Thank you guys! more updates soon :D

Dragos (real name)