All decals gone.... I know.... I'm an idiot.

Started by prodzign, September 30, 2014, 10:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prodzign

Ok. I did my mixer project, and the results are faneffingtastic.. thoroughly pleased.
However... one major problem.
And before I go further, yes... I know, I'm an idiot and should have known better. I have no idea what I was thinking.

The problem - I saved all the decals to a folder on the desktop, and NOT to the project folder.
I went back trying to tidy my desktop a bit, moved the decal folder, went back to the model... and poof.... all my decals are gone.
The decal folder is in the project folder, but it's not recognizing them since it's been moved.
Is there a way to update the decals without having to reapply every single one of them?
Been racking my brain trying to figure this out, and nothing seems to be working.

Feeling pretty bad about this extremely dumb mistake. You'd think after 20+ professional years I would have put everything in the same project folder.
My only excuse (if there is one) is that I am fairly new to Keyshot.

Any help is truly appreciated!

Dan

Robb63

move the folder back to the desktop and reopen the file. They'll all be there, then save it all as a package

Despot

Yeah, Robb's correct, just move the folder to the original location, or dump all the decals into the Keyshot resource 'Texture' folder...

J

prodzign

Robb63

I was typing on my phone when I posted my response. I meant to add, if you save this as a package, you can then unpack during the unpack have KS put the decals in a better location for you than your desktop. Once that is done you can remove them from your desktop.