Render Queue Pivot Bug

Started by Namssorg, October 08, 2014, 06:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Namssorg

When creating an animation, I will often send several still images of key scenes to the render queue to create a storyboard/general outline.  Today I did this and discovered this bug:

I had a few dummy geometry objects (cylinders) in place to act as pivots for some hinged objects I was animating.  In the scene, I had these objects unchecked so that they were not visible to the camera. 

In realtime mode, the animation appeared to pivot correctly, and if I rendered a still, it would render the same frame I was on in the realtime mode.

However, if I sent anything to the render queue, the pivots would not behave properly at all.  Objects would pivot around themselves rather than the (hidden) dummy geometry, so I had things appearing all over the place.  The pivots only behaved if I had the dummy geometry checked and visible in the scene tree. 

I like to make the helper geometry nice and big and easy to work with, so it's annoying that I now have to either make them super small, or possibly apply a light material to them, set to invisible-to-camera, in order to get my queue to work.

thomasteger

Check the latest version of KeyShot that has just been released. This has been addressed.