simple exterior rendering

Started by jeth, October 29, 2014, 03:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeth

a 3d model from sketchuptexture.com rendered in keyshot 5

comments and suggestions are welcome =) thank you

Josh3D

Good start, but think you can push it a lot more. Would love to have a play with this scene.

jeth

hi josh, thank you for your comment =) here i made some small retouch of the post render scene in photoshop.

Jslowsky

Hi Jeth,
If I may add my 2 cents. The direction of your sunlight is casting a shadow across the surfaces you want to illuminate and with your entrance in shadow everything becomes flat and uninteresting. Rotating your sun light to a 3/4 position will illuminate your front and add depth to the details. Adding surface reflection to the glass will create the sparkle you are looking for and will add a connection to your car in the driveway. The trees in the background have the sunlight coming in the opposite direction (flip your backplate will correct this). I would suggest using a real photograph of a house with a driveway with the surrounding trees and use KS along with camera match to drop your house into the scene to add better realism. Nice work.

jeth

thanks a lot guys for your comment, i really admire it.  :) ;)

yeah, though are lot of stuff in KS 5 i still need to find out to blend well in my 3d projects especially in tweaking materials and illumination using the "sun & sky environment"

its really challenging to catch the best rotation that light and shadows will cast a good outcome at exterior facade.

it will be nice to see some tutorials for exterior lighting and how to control the shadows while using .hdr or the default sun/sky environment of KS 5.

have a nice day =)