Toon material not showing all edges

Started by jeffw, November 07, 2014, 08:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffw

I am doing some testing with toon shading. So far it is inadequate to what I need. Here you can see an image from SolidEdge. It clearly shows all edge contours as lines. In the Keyshot image it does not show all edges as lines despite all the edge contour boxes being checked in the material setting. I am using stock toon grey just lightened up a bit.  Is this the way it is supposed to be?

richardfunnell

It looks like your materials are linked between those two parts. If you unlink the materials a contour line should be visible.

This can be further controlled between unlinked toon materials using "Material Contour" under the advanced dropdown for each material.

jeffw

That worked for the edge definition. Thanks.

There is also the matter of lines defining bends. Notice that SolidEdge delineates the tangency of each bend with a line. Keyshot only seems to recognize one and not to well. It was not visible at all in the default toon material. I adjusted the contour radius from its default of 60 to 11 and got it to appear but only not consistently. Darker on the horizontal surface than on the vertical. Any increase and it starts to shade the bend radius.