Render settings in 2.1 educational

Started by Pedro_Julio, October 03, 2010, 12:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro_Julio

I'm trying to render an image that will end up being 15"x5" at 300 dpi but have not been able to pull it off yet.  KS will only put out images at 72 dpi, and when I change the image size settings to compensate the render crashes. 

I set the resolution to 1440x480, the print res to 300, the quality to good.  The pre-render fills in and then BOOM.  crash.

I also tried rendering at 1280x426.  It renders, but I get a 3 inch, 72 dpi picture that I can't scale up without losing too much quality.

guest84672

The output file is always 72dpi. 1440*480 at 300dpi exceeds the limit of the resolution for the edu version, but it certainly shouldn't crash.

We will check into it.

Thomas

Pedro_Julio

Should I drop the size or the dpi to get it back in bounds of my ed lic?

guest84672

I think that would be best. It should do this automatically ...

Pedro_Julio

I dropped the size of the image, but switch to a tiff with an alpha channel.  The render window is showing a pexelated image rendering to blackness.  Weirdness.

guest84672

Ah - yes a bug. Turn off the effects in the realtime window. It will render fine then. We have filed those bugs - they will be fixed shortly.

Pedro_Julio

I've got one more for ya.  I managed to render out a Tiff with Alpha.  However the render came out with a whole lot of vertical line static.

Turning of realtime effects though...thanks!

guest84672

Hmm - ok. Can you e-mail support, please?

Pedro_Julio