Import/Export Pins...

Started by jarane, November 26, 2014, 03:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarane

Hi,
Is it possible to Import/Export the light pins from one environment to another?

Thanks in advance,
E.C.

edwardo

+1 for that to get implemented. Would be nice to just drag a new environment from your library, and if 'Alt' is held down the existing pins would remain (kind of like the new an improved method for changing materials whilst keeping all maps and labels)

Ed

soren

In KeyShot 5, if you select File->Replace Background inside the HDRI editor you can pick any file (jpg, hdr, hdz, exr, ... etc) and the editor will replace the underlying HDR image whilst keeping all pins (but discarding adjustments). Then you can do a save as.

I realize that this is not exactly what you requested (jarane), however it seems to be exactly what edwardo requests. I hope this helps.

Søren

Note: if you do it with a hdz image, you will not get any pins saved in the hdz, just the image including pins.

jarane

Tak for det Søren,
can cameras also be exported/imported from file to file?

Thanks again,
E.C.

edwardo

QuoteIn KeyShot 5, if you select File->Replace Background inside the HDRI editor you can pick any file (jpg, hdr, hdz, exr, ... etc) and the editor will replace the underlying HDR image whilst keeping all pins (but discarding adjustments). Then you can do a save as.

ooh, I didn't know that. Every day is a school day. Thanks Søren

Ed