Main Menu

Maria bronze bust

Started by evilmaul, November 30, 2014, 05:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilmaul

it does indeed Henrik as far as the translucency property of the material , but if you remember I was talking about adding some 'flakes' like the car paint in order to emulate the calcite crystals at smaller scale which will pick up some spec according to the light/cam position. Other than that having also the roughness mappable could also be a good general addition to the shaders.

this for instance was an earlier render which I thought more successful in term of rendition of a non polished marble where you can see the grainy and random speckles of the crystals (those are photoshopped in though)

Despot

QuoteOther than that having also the roughness mappable could also be a good general addition to the shaders.

I agree, roughness maps are a must for believable materials these days... I've been asking for this for a long while

J

evilmaul

And for those who are curious.... Now this is the real thing.
Sculpted, Prevized with KS. 3d printed on the left and white statuary Carrara marble on the right after almost 2 weeks of hard work here in Carrara, Italy! ..still need some final touches than the base and the Nana project is complete :)

Not sure about the up side down :) uploaded via iPad

Speedster

Wow!  Carrara, Italy!  The birthplace of classical art, so it must be great to be "home" again!  It's even possible that Michelangelo may have touched this piece of stone!

Really proud of you, Marco, and a great joy to see one of our own finally fulfilling their dream.  I can think of a number of galleries here in Santa Fe that would fight to get Maria!

Bill G

Angelo

evilmaul

thanks very much Bill, it's very sweet what you said! Still interested to get in touch with some galleries there once I'm back, but this piece will be left behind. It's a gift for my mom :) will take some pics of the final with the base ..I'm waiting for one to get made.

Cheers