Main Menu

Maria bronze bust

Started by evilmaul, November 30, 2014, 05:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilmaul

hello,

long time no posting anything on here. Been busy sculpting and making my 3D stuff become tangible in the past few months, but still using KS to 'visualize' and do studies of what the final product could be. This is a WIP both in sculpting and ldev (still have to finish sculpting hair and neck and threw textures/material together very quickly) of my beloved nana whom passed away in 2005. Thinking of getting the bust cast in bronze as a gift for my mom.

cheers,
MArco

TpwUK

Looks great Marco, touching tribute too ... Do you have to tweak the bronze to suit the model or vice versa. I have found with ZB I need to make details cut in deeper to get better definition or do you control that more with normals mapping.

Looking forward to seeing more of this, if you decide to share her with us :)

Martin

Josh3D

Wow, the way you capture expression man... incredible. Beautifully done.

feher

Long time no see. Sounds like you've been busy. The detail is amazing. Josh nailed it. How you capture life in your sculptures is crazy good.
Thanks for sharing
Its a keeper
Tim

edwardo

This is lovely, youv captured a nice caring, tranquil feeling that only grannies have! Its a nice tribute. I had often thought about (attempting) to do a bust of my late father, but to be honest I still struggle looking at photographs of him, and i fear the end result would be more of an insult rather than a tribute!  :-\

Nice work
Ed

evilmaul

thanks very much guys. I hope to finish this before Xmas and do better bronze and also marble renders.

Martin not sure what exatly you mean by adapting the bronze to the detail..but first of all this is the hi res sculpt and no normal maps is used. The bronze look is textural in most part (I use KS4 so I dont use curvature shader) and I have been mixing in the base bronze diffuse color couple of different cavity maps that I created in ZB. (the texturing itself is done in Mudbox)

TpwUK

Hi Marco - Sorry my question was not easy to understand, but your answer pretty much covers it anyway thank you:)

Martin

evilmaul

hi there,

I finally got to finish my nana's bust , aiming to get this done in marble in the next couple of months.
here's a quick test shot :)

cheers,
Marco

Despot

Love this, beautiful stuff, your grandma looks like a kind soul...

Do you mind me asking you something ? About CGI, not your Nana ;)

Cheers

J

evilmaul

thank you!! :)
She was for sure, decided to do this for the 10th anniversary of her passing which would be end of next month.
Go ahead with your quesion :)

Quote from: The Metal Master on February 25, 2015, 06:09:40 AM
Love this, beautiful stuff, your grandma looks like a kind soul...

Do you mind me asking you something ? About CGI, not your Nana ;)

Cheers

J

Despot

You're welcome... I'm sorry to hear that, I thought she was still around

I'll send a quick PM if you don't mind

Cheers

J

evilmaul

Speedster

Hey, Marco-
Beautiful as always!  My only comment is that marble usually has a soft sheen to the surface.  Not a high polish, just soft and crystalline.  It appears a bit flat?
Bill G

evilmaul

hey Bill,

I agree its not the greates marble look. I hope Henrik sooner or later will implement something I have requested for a more realistic render of such a specific stone look. In general marble can be rough or finished to high polish(mirror like) and also the look of the spec will vary according to how big is the light source. In this case what you described derived by the combination of going for more roughness in the material and a big light source in the HDR used. I'd love to play more with this though.
thanks for the comment
M

KeyShot

I do think the current translucent material should work pretty well for marble. We will be able to having varying roughness across the surface in KeyShot 6, but I am guessing you are looking for something different?