Keyshot and Future Product Plans

Started by Robb63, October 07, 2010, 10:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robb63

I know that 2.1 just came out, but I'm wondering VERY roughly what year and quarter you think Keyshot 3 may be released (I'm sure it is a long way out).

Also, will you be offering a Hypermove-ish version of Keyshot in the future?

Thanks

guest84672

We are planning to release KeyShot 3 in Q2 of next year.

Animation is also planned.

Hope this helps (for now) ;-).

Thomas

aydinmert

I am really interested in the animation part of this topic. What else can you say about the animation part of the keyshot? Is it gonna be similar to hypermove or totally different? And what can you say about timing? In 1 year? 2 years?

Thanks for your answers in advance!!

Aydin

KeyShot

Next year. It will be much better than HyperMove :-)

degruch

What? There's a KeyShot 2.1??? :o

I just upgraded to 2.0...do I get 2.1?

Duane

aydinmert

Regarding the animation software, is it gonna be a stand alone or an integrated one? Next year is not a clear answer but sounds ok for now :)

guest84672

Robb63

Same renderer as Keyshot? or will it render differentley like Hypermove did to Hypershot which basically means the renderings never looked anywhere near as good as the HS versions, which pretty much made it useless.

Sorry to have opened a whole kettle of fish with the original "what's coming" post here. But, KS has generated a much larger portion of my income in the last year than I ever planned on it doing, and I'm interested in how far I can plan ahead to new services I can offer my clients.

Thanks for the amazing product and great updates that you've developed in a very short span of time!!

guest84672

Since this is coming all from the same place - Luxion - it will be the same renderer as KeyShot. And yes, I agree with you on the "useless" part ;-).

Thank you for the kind words  - we love to hear this. If you are interested in sharing this with the "world", please let me know. I am always looking for "customers of the month" for our newsletter.

Thomas

hajiliono

any plans in near future for some tips/ webinars/ or some new commands for the architectural interior renderings .......... like IES lights etc.

Speedster

QuoteBut, KS has generated a much larger portion of my income in the last year than I ever planned on it doing, and I'm interested in how far I can plan ahead to new services I can offer my clients.

I totally agree with Robb63.

I started with "otherShot" in 2008, when I discovered it at SolidWorks World.  I simply wanted to create good renderings for my medical and consumer product clients as part of the design visualization process, never anticipating the impact KeyShot would have on my business.  For me, KS started as a value-added service, but now exists as a stand-alone profit center accounting for at least 40% of my sales.  KS has also allowed my to expand into fine arts, gallery prints and other image publishing areas I had only dreamed about.

I think this is proving true for most of us, thanks to the KeySot Team!

Bill G
www.GouldStudios.com

guest84672

Quote from: hajiliono on October 18, 2010, 06:21:21 AM
any plans in near future for some tips/ webinars/ or some new commands for the architectural interior renderings .......... like IES lights etc.

We have not put this into our product plans yet. We will get there, though.

Thomas

degruch

Quote from: Thomas Teger on October 14, 2010, 10:00:28 PM
yes, you do.

Ha! Well...glad I checked, how do existing customers find out if they don't check the forum? C'mon Thomas, I drove you on to Facebook, spruiking how useful it might be as an advertising and communication tool...did I miss the launch post?

I just download it on here I guess?

I haven't used KeyShot since I got it, other than a little dabbling...unfortunately the product development work has dried up.  :( Does 2.1 have an undo (Ctrl Z) function? I spent more time on HyperShot activating those two keys than anything else!

Cheers,
Duane

guest84672

I always send an email to all forum members, send newsletters, post it on FB and Twitter. Plus, you can always check www.keyshot.com/downloads.

2.1 has a fully functional UNDO stack, and so much more - www.keyshot.com/keyshot/whats_new