Main Menu

A Piece of leather

Started by slater, December 25, 2014, 12:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slater

just a little piece of

slater

No comments , so i don't know if is a nice ks render shots..or a bad one ..

TpwUK

Renders are pretty good but the leather is pit of scale

Martin

slater

Quote from: TpwUK on December 26, 2014, 02:51:40 PM
Renders are pretty good but the leather is pit of scale

Martin
Thx Martin..i wanted that leather scale..i have a similar Chair at home..

feher

It's looking good. . For me it feels to much like shiny plastic. Some pieces look nice like the last image cushion. The leather has a nice feel, not to shiny not to dull. If you can work the rest of the chair to have that same look I think you will be closer to the real thing.
Remember even though the whole seat is the same leather you might make each piece it's own material. depending on the lighting.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

slater

Quote from: feher on December 29, 2014, 09:15:14 AM
It's looking good. . For me it feels to much like shiny plastic. Some pieces look nice like the last image cushion. The leather has a nice feel, not to shiny not to dull. If you can work the rest of the chair to have that same look I think you will be closer to the real thing.
Remember even though the whole seat is the same leather you might make each piece it's own material. depending on the lighting.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim
Thanks for your great suggestions Tim, i will work on it.

Josh3D

Slater, I think this looks really convincing. I've seen chairs with leather like this and think you've nailed it.

slater

Quote from: josh3d on January 05, 2015, 06:34:28 AM
Slater, I think this looks really convincing. I've seen chairs with leather like this and think you've nailed it.
Thanks Josh, as i wrote i have a similar leather chair...

Speedster

The shine is spot on to many finishes I've seen, but the bump map feels to large.  If you scale it out, the "bumps" appear to be about an inch, a rather large critter!
Bill G

Dylan

The scale of the leather just looks too big to me, everything else looks fine.

slater

syrom

First pic you almost nailed realism!  The lighting and angle is perfect. Just the pillow stands out as fake. Maybe change the mat or leave it out all together.

Will Gibbons

I'm working with some leather chairs now... a bit of a challenge. I think you're on the right track. Personally, I think a smaller scale texture would look a bit more realistic, but there's all kinds of leather out there!