Main Menu

Bukobot 3D Printer

Started by Speedster, December 27, 2014, 05:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Hi all;

Pasadena, California, is world famous for the Rose Parade, Rose Bowl, Old Town restaurants, and of course, "Deezmaker & Hackerspace", a storefront shop specializing in 3D Printing, supplies, workshops, you name it.  The ultimate Maker Faire hobby shop for grownup guys and gals! 

They also manufacture and sell the popular "Bukobot" and "Bukito" open-source 3D printers, sold worldwide.  I was there on business several weeks ago, and a friend told me about them, so of course I paid a visit.  And of course I bought a Bukobot!  Totally cool machine, totally open-source and totally hackable.  I know, from my 40+ years in business, that they are going to be a very successful company!  Judging from their over-the-top Kickstarter campaign, and national media coverage, that many others agree with me!

I asked Diego Porquera, the CEO and designer, to send me his SolidWorks assembly files, and offered to render it out for him.  About an hour in KeyShot 5 Pro.  A blast, and now I'm anxious to get it running in my design studio.

www.deezmaker.com

Bill G