Some Rings and not only

Started by venom181, January 08, 2015, 12:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

venom181

Hello everyone :), so  amazing renders and models here . I would like to show some of my work  ,I hope that my renders are not so bad , if you give me some hints it would be great.

Ed

Those are all so very good there is not much to critique.

One thing that happens with diamonds is that most of the time, the lighting that looks best for the ring metal is not what is best for the diamonds.

You may want to experiment with rendering three passes, making sure your camera is locked:

1.  A clown pass to allow selecting the stones only in Photoshop.
2.  Pass #1 using lighting that is best for the metal.
3.  Pass #2 using lighting that is best for the stones.  That may be using the same HDR as pass#1, but with a different height/rotation.  Or it may be with a different HDR.

In Photoshop, combine the stones from pass #2 with the metal from pass#1.   This way you can get more "bling" from the stones.

Ed Ferguson

Josh3D

These are beautiful, truly. Welcome to the KeyShot forum. Definitely looking forward to seeing more of your work!

guest84672

Awesome work! Welcome to the forum.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Jewelry renders rarely catches my attention, but these looks fantastic! Especially love the ones with droplets. Making me wish I could create such geometry with my software, but alas no.

Speedster

Stunning designs!  Welcome to the Forum, and we all look forward to seeing more of your work!

If that's a pearl in the first two images, I believe an amazing pearl material was recently uploaded to the cloud- check it out...

Bill G

Will Gibbons

Some great renderings here. Welcome and continue to share and ask questions. It's a great place to learn quickly.

venom181

Thank you for hints and good words , soon i  will attach another ring render :)

venom181

Hello, this is my  last projects .

Ed

Esben Oxholm

Looking nice.
Maybe the DOF On the last one could be even smaller.

(... And nice to see my backplate in use ;) )

venom181

thanks for hints with dof , and for backplate too :D:D:D:D:D:D