KEYSHOT 2.1 Slowing Down and Freezing in Realtime

Started by rossco, October 11, 2010, 10:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rossco

Hi

I loved KEYSHOT 2.0 but I'm starting to get a bit frustrated with the recent update (2.1).  Along with the Bloom Enable issue previously reported I am now experiencing a slow down in model spin and eventual crash when manipulating assemblies in the realtime environment.  These assemblies worked with not problem in KEYSHOT 2.0.

DELL 690 DUAL QUAD CORD
64bit Win XP Pro
8GB Ram
NVIDIA QUADRO FX4500

Hope this can be fixed soon.

Thanks

guest84672

Robb63

I am having this issue too although fairly intermitently.
Tom, what effects are you refering to, to turn off?

KeyShot

Is the problem related to a specific model or a specific behavior (e.g. you spin the model in a certain way)? In any case we certainly want to resolve it and if you can share some insight into how we can reproduce it then that would be much appreciated. It is the first time I hear of this issue.

-- Henrik

rossco

Hi

It is a strange issue, I've been trying to repeat it over the last day or so.  It seems to be more prevalent when spinning large assemblies with transparency at close viewing angles.  The same models behave normally when zoomed out and it doesn't happen all the time.  I have noticed that when the view stops it does come back to life if left for a few minutes so I'm guessing this may be nothing more than my graphics card struggling to cope.  My work around is to hide most of the internal components when working at close quarters - not had a problem since.