Main Menu

visibility option

Started by fario, January 28, 2015, 03:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fario

Hello,

Layer visibility options are present on the software.

I will wish a new tool that allows hide items, temporary and quickly.

This will permit to be able to quickly switch between several modes of visibility.

See please my video.

http://www.screencast.com/t/jgGpcNcnaL2B

Thank you

Antoine

andy.engelkemier

This is called "Isolation mode" in 3dsMax.
I also agree. this is extremely useful.

being able to create visibility sets would also be nice...IF you make it so you can see, And edit, what is in them. This is also the part that needs to be added to layers in order to make them more useful. What objects are in a layer? I have no clue, unless I render that layer. I can tell if an object is in a layer, but only one at a time. It would be more useful to see all the objects that in in a layer, then select new objects to be added, or select objects to be removed. The current method is only usable for very small scenes.

guest84672

Visibility sets can be achieved by using scene sets in KeyShot 5 Pro.

Layers will be improved for KeyShot 6.

andy.engelkemier

....notice that I put a disclaimer there that said "IFyou can see AND edit what is in them."

I can't really use Any feature that doesn't allow me to change something easily later. I've had scene sets mess up a bunch of things so I quickly abandoned them. I've also had problem other people don't claim to have though, like if I save a file that has sublayers hidden, they unhide themselves if the file is opened again (which includes rendering to the queue). Although perhaps that problem was known and addressed? I never saw it addressed in any of the updates, so I still avoid the issue.