Keyshot Crashing On Saves

Started by Robb63, October 14, 2010, 04:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robb63

Just wondering if anyone else has been having this issue with the 2.1 upgrade?
I think it happens almost exclusively when I do a "Save As". As soon as I hit the OK button I get a popup saying Keyshot has crashed (or similar)
It doesn't happen all of the time, I have noticed it mostly when I open a file make a few material changes to it then try to save it as a different file name.

BTW, it was happening to me last week and over the weekend I upgraded to KS Pro so I uninstalled the old version and did a fresh install. Still having the same issue.

Any ideas, or am I the only one this is happening to?

Admin

We have not heard about this issue before.
What operating system are you running KeyShot on?

-- Claus

Robb63

Hi Claus,
Windows 7, 64bit with all of the Microsoft recommended updates

Admin

We have a new version coming later today. Let us see if that fixes your issue. Otherwise email support@luxion.com.

Thanks,

Claus

Namssorg

Hey, I'm still having this problem in 2.2.52.  It's occasional, and seemingly happens out of nowhere.  I click Save or Save As, I see the progress bar appear, but then Keyshot hangs, and Windows starts it's crash report.

Often after I re-open the .bip file I was working on, it will save just fine the next time.  Occasionally though, it will corrupt the file.

This is in Windows 7, 64bit - 6gb of RAM, and up to date.  Often I'm saving to a NAS device, but it's also happened while saving to a local drive.

Anyone else get this issue?  It happens to me a couple of times a week and is getting extremely frustrating.

Update:  It may have been because the .bip file was saving at almost 1GB.  Had the image quality in Solidworks cranked up too high, oops.  I'll let you know if it happens again.

Robb63

I'm using version 2.2.65 and it is still doing it. Seems like if I save as soon as I open a file it tends not to do it. If I work on the file especially editing materials without saving as soon as I open it, it will crash almost every time when I do finally save.

The program is crashing 3-4 times a day of heavy use. I thought it must be my system since this wasn't showing up on the forum, but Ive installed Keyshot on my new laptop and it is still an issue on there as well.

I sometime get a corrupt file too after this happens.
I don't think it's the large file as most of mine are in the 30-60MB range

PhilippeV8

I got that 2 .. although less frequently, but perhaps I work less "heavy" :p
I never got a corrupt file though ... (thnk god)

Jason

Yep,  Keyshot 2.2.65 and it will crash on save a few times per day. As Robb63 says, it seems to do it less if I save directly after importing. It will crash sometimes if I clear the geometry and import again and then save.

Windows 7 64bit 8gig ram Core i7