Clown Pass - Custom Colors by material?

Started by 9krausec, February 10, 2015, 06:24:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

9krausec

I'm curious to know if it is possible to customize the matte colors of the clown pass out of KS? Most of the time there isn't great variation between the color elements which makes masking animations/stills more of a challenge than it should be in post...

Thanks for any information.

Robb63

I run into this issue a lot. Not quite this bad!

DMerz III

I've also encountered this issue. When I know I need a clown for post, and it's super important I have a dependable one, I go ahead and take the extra time to build on manually in Keyshot. I duplicate my model, and set each material to flat, with differentiating colors. It takes some time, especially with a complex model/scene, but I know I'll have a consistent clown to work from every time. (Just render the clown model out with the same camera).

I know this isn't the quick solution you were looking for, but know, you're not the only one who has encountered this.

Speedster

The auto-clown can be vexing, and you often have to set the Photoshop tolerance to 1, but it's still hard to descern the clown colors.  So for critical work I also always create a custom clown on a duplicate. Actually saves time and brain cells in the long run!
Bill G

guest83783

It would be really helpful if this forum had a like or rating system so that we could highlight helpful questions like this.

I've had this problem too on more than one occasion.

Perhaps if there was a clown pass adjustments option as you're rendering or after the image has rendered too?

Luxion, please sort this one.

jeffw

Several years ago I suggested a rating system for "what you would like to see in KeyShot for the future". Nothing happened. The way it is now is just pile of unorganized posts with no indication of the level of user interest in any given suggestion. Some people post individual ideas others posts lists. I think it would be useful both for Keyshot developers and its users to see a listing of suggested improvements by subject with some kind of commensurate way to vote your support. 

texax

This should be an easy fix for developers. Instead of using neighboring colors cp should use contrasting colors for more definition.