Network Rendering

Started by jsternth, October 14, 2010, 09:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsternth

Has anyone used network rendering successfully?  Its not covered in the latest documentation.  Any help would be appreciated regarding how the server / slave relationship is set up.  Thanks!

-josh

KeyShot

We do have a number of customers using network rendering, but we are not by default exposing the feature in KeyShot as we plan to completely rework it for KeyShot 2.2. If you want to use it now please contact support@luxion.com.

JAKiii

I want in on this, but support didn't answer my email -

guest84672

We are testing it right now.

Robb63

Will you have to have multiple versions of Keyshot to make this happen, or will you just be allowed to use the processing power of other machines on you network?

I am running Pro, but would like to do this for larger renders (like most), but being a one man operation it may be prohibitively expensive if I'll have to buy another Pro seat or something similar.

Thanks,
Rob

Flix

I think it'd be best if you'd work on implementing at least an embarrassingly parallel distributed rendering platform and help out those who'd like to create animations.

guest84672

Quote from: Robb63 on December 19, 2010, 11:21:33 AM
Will you have to have multiple versions of Keyshot to make this happen, or will you just be allowed to use the processing power of other machines on you network?

I am running Pro, but would like to do this for larger renders (like most), but being a one man operation it may be prohibitively expensive if I'll have to buy another Pro seat or something similar.

Thanks,
Rob

We can work something out. Contact us directly.

br3ttman

Any update on the ability to do network rendering now that you've released 2.2?

KeyShot

We have network rendering in 2.2 (even though we do not advertise it as it is a little tricky to setup). We do have a new network rendering system almost ready. We expect to have it available for testing shortly.

-- Henrik