In front of my house.

Started by Nils Piirma, March 15, 2015, 12:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nils Piirma

After some thought of getting fresh air, I also thought of opening up my camera app and taking a shot of creating a backplane, the quality itself isn't that great for my camera, but I decided to go at it anyways. Also made a photosphere to match the backplane.

After posting it on facebook and seeing that most people are confused of this being the 1st Lamborghini Huracan in our country I told them to relax and say that it was a 3D render.

IMO it looks pretty good, but there are always people out there that find something to NAG about :D

The reason I left the color of the car silver, was just pure choice of random.

Added some grain to match the quality of the backplate.

slater

Your work is nice, but there is something not convincing me on the reality of this render.
I think lighting has something wrong,...

Ed

Adding the grain really helped match the car to the back plate, even when viewing the image full size.

Ed Ferguson

Josh3D

Looks pretty convincing to me Nils. Great work.

Angelo

nice render and blends in well.

Angelo

you know i'm not so good at rendering but i think it might be to dark around the car? slater also said he thinks something is wrong with the lightning, so i wanted to try light it up a tiny bit with photoshop. or are my eyes deceiving me?? in respect for your work, i apologise if it offends.

Nils Piirma

Quote from: Angelo on March 16, 2015, 07:58:27 PM
you know i'm not so good at rendering but i think it might be to dark around the car? slater also said he thinks something is wrong with the lightning, so i wanted to try light it up a tiny bit with photoshop. or are my eyes deceiving me?? in respect for your work, i apologise if it offends.

Naah don't worry. I'm not really good at editing, but atleast I tried :D Quite a lot of people were confused about this car being in my country and even some people tried asking Lamborghini executives in Tallinn that is this true :D

Angelo

Quote from: nilspiirma3d on March 16, 2015, 11:51:17 PM
Quote from: Angelo on March 16, 2015, 07:58:27 PM

Naah don't worry. I'm not really good at editing, but atleast I tried :D Quite a lot of people were confused about this car being in my country and even some people tried asking Lamborghini executives in Tallinn that is this true :D
thats so cool, you have great powers to prank, now make some alien space ship renders! people will freak out lol

Arn

Quote from: nilspiirma3d on March 15, 2015, 12:14:03 PM
Also made a photosphere to match the backplane.
Can you use a Google Camera photosphere as a kind of HDRi, or did you mean or do something else?

Nils Piirma

Quote from: Arn on March 17, 2015, 02:46:18 PM
Can you use a Google Camera photosphere as a kind of HDRi, or did you mean or do something else?

I used the Google Camera App for my android phone and did a photosphere there.

slater

Quote from: nilspiirma3d on March 17, 2015, 09:56:25 PM

Could you please tell me the exact android app name for the smartphone? I cant find in app store of my s5
Thanks

Nils Piirma

Quote from: slater on March 18, 2015, 01:35:17 AM

Could you please tell me the exact android app name for the smartphone? I cant find in app store of my s5
Thanks

SEARCH: Google Camera

slater

Quote from: nilspiirma3d on March 18, 2015, 02:27:35 AM
Quote from: slater on March 18, 2015, 01:35:17 AM

Thanks

SEARCH: Google Camera
Result is : open camera by mark harman...

Chad Holton

I've used an app called "Photosynth" before with my iPhone/iPad. Did a search and it's still available for free.

From what I remember, it seemed to work fairly well for a freebie. You can take the panoramic image and modify it to be a quick and dirty HDR to use with KeyShot.

Arn

How exactly do you make that work? You take a backplate, a photosphere, and then what? Do you need to add appropriate lights to the photosphere via the Keyshot HDRI editor, as you will probably miss the light information a normal HDRI contains, or do you have some way of getting the appropriate lights to show up?

Very cool technique. I had been playing with the photosphere recently, but totally neglected to notice this use for it. It seems so obvious now.