German Motorbike 1914

Started by JerryG, March 17, 2015, 02:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryG

hi there,

i want to share my newest work with you. its a german bike called "wanderer heeresmodel 1914"
you dont know wanderer? no problem but im shure you know audi, the 4 rings in the audi logo means the 4 companys get together in 1932 , audi, horch, wanderer  + dkw = audi ;-)

Speedster

Wow!  That's an amazing model and render!  I love anything vintage, and had never heard of the Wanderer.  You did a great job of flattening the front tire (tyre)!  Could you share some clay shots of the model and additional views just so we can better appreciate the excellent modeling?  What modeling app did you use?
Bill G

edwardo

Wow thats an amazing model and materials/texturing. I don't think its lit up correctly - it somehow doesn't figure with the backplate! A few tweaks in the HDR editor should do it! Love the flat tyre

Edwardo

Josh3D

Love the feel. Lots of potential here. The perspective or size may be off slightly and a different angle may help show the great modeling you've done .

JerryG

thx for the coments, here some clay renders...  ;)

-

-

-

Speedster

THANK YOU!  That is some of the best modeling I've ever seen, and I've been around a long time!  What did you model it in?  Even the dents and textures are modeled.  Wow!
Bill G

JerryG

thank you sir  ;D

tools i used are 3dsmax and zbrush

Will Gibbons

Yeah! Such a nice model, I think the clay shows it off better than the rendering does! I'd keep playing with it to show off the great detail in the model!

Dylan

That's really excellent modeling Jerry.

JerryG

thanks for the coments!

here some other shots  8)

Esben Oxholm

Hi Jerry.
This is one of the best models I've seen in a long time. Good stuff!

Your lighting on the first and latest renders looks quite flat though, and doesn't do your model justice at all. That is a big time shame.
The clay renders looks a bit more interesting. It looks like there's both a white/bluish light source and a warmer light source. Correct?

I would add some more drama to the lighting by using two light sources with contrasting colors (not strong colors, just very subtle) and then make sure your model catches some highlights. Even though the painting and metals are old, I think there would be more contrast between highlights and shadows.

Hope you can use it.
Best regards

JerryG

thanks for this,

i will try, and add more work to the lightning..
;)

Speedster

Hi Jerry;

I agree with Esben.  You need more drama to kick butt with this great model.  Check the KeyShot Cloud for some possible backplates.  But most important, check out the two great webinars by the "Render Master" Tim Feher, head of CG at Chrysler and one of the top line automobile artists.  I know yours only has two wheels, but the principles are the same, and we have all learned a lot from Tim.

Go to the KeyShot web page and scroll over to training and down to webinars.  I recommend the October 2014 "Automotive Q & A" and the October 2013 "Best Practices for Amazing Renders".

You might want to play with adding some planes and using IES lighting. You can easily add in, resize and position planes to suit.  It's one of the best ways to really kick the lighting and drama.  Usually lower the HDR brightness and let the IES lights carry the freight.

We all look forward to seeing you push this!

Bill G

JerryG

cool thanks for the tipps!  ;)

JerryG