weird alien bike helmet

Started by Angelo, March 19, 2015, 09:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

this is my first project in t-spline for rhino, i enjoyed modelling it, wish i could say the same for rendering but meh here it is, close enough i think.

edwardo

Can you import a t-splines surface with NURBS on?

Angelo

you can convert it but once you trim and then want to switch back to tsplines it does not allow trimming so it reverts back all trims i think hope i answer the question i just started with the thing

Angelo

Quote from: edwardo on March 20, 2015, 12:45:36 AM
Can you import a t-splines surface with NURBS on?
wait i think i get the question now and i dont know how to answer it lol, any tspline experts here??

edwardo

Sorry, I should have been clearer...

T-splines surfaces, even when 'closed' shapes are made, are technically NURBS surfaces, or at least they are NURBS by the time you output them from Rhino. My question was can you import those surfaces into Keyshot with the "import NURBS" setting checked? In one of your images I could see some surface tessellation, and it didn't look so smooth. If you could import it with the "import NURBS" button checked, it should render much smoother (but slower) in keyshot. I would try this myself, but I run Rhino beta on my macbook, which doesn't have any plugin support yet. Looking forwards to Tsplines on macRhino. I guess I could try it with a Tsplines surface generated in fusion 360.

Hope I'm clearer this time.
Ed

Angelo

Quote from: edwardo on March 20, 2015, 02:57:14 AM

T-splines surfaces, even when 'closed' shapes are made, are technically NURBS surfaces, or at least they are NURBS by the time you output them from Rhino. My question was can you import those surfaces into Keyshot with the "import NURBS" setting checked? In one of your images I could see some surface tessellation, and it didn't look so smooth. If you could import it with the "import NURBS" button checked, it should render much smoother (but slower) in keyshot. I would try this myself, but I run Rhino beta on my macbook, which doesn't have any plugin support yet. Looking forwards to Tsplines on macRhino. I guess I could try it with a Tsplines surface generated in fusion 360.

Ed
sorry about that, like to model but don't know the technical so well, i imported the t-spline with "import nurbs" checked now and this is how it looks much smoother so it works. also i tried render it from the plugin and from settings render nurbs if one forgets like i did, thank you very much for this i learned something new.

Angelo

Quote from: edwardo on March 20, 2015, 02:57:14 AM

Ed
did that answer your question?

edwardo

yes, cool, so keyshot likes t-splines. Good to know!

Thanks
Ed

Angelo

Quote from: edwardo on March 24, 2015, 06:10:42 AM
yes, cool, so keyshot likes t-splines. Good to know!

Thanks
Ed
it likes them indeed, glad to know i explained it right have a nice day!

Angelo

some more