Labels and Textures keep being misplaced after reopening file

Started by Robin87, May 17, 2015, 12:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin87

Hi fello Keyshooters,

I ran into a really frustrating problem: I place all my labels and textures nicely, which takes a lot of time, I save the file, and when I reopen them, some of the labels and textures, not all of them, are randomly misplaced. The textures are all in the same folder, and the object structure hasn't been changed. Even if I don't change anything, just load the file, close it and reopen it, it happens occasionally. Is there a workaround for that, or did anyone else experience this issue yet?

I use Keyshot with a floating license on my Laptop to set up the files. However, I would like to render on the Universities Lab Computers, so they can do that overnight. I therefore created a package file, but when I open the package file on the lab computer, 80% of the textures are not there. The paths in the Material settings are empty as If I never had a texture applied to them, and if I click to reload them, it says "Momentum" in the bar.

I'm working with Keyshot 5 on Win 7 here at university, the CAD files come from Alias Automotive 2015. Well I'm trying to work. It feels to me that Keyshot is full of bugs and glitches, or at least it doesn't communicate where the problem is. It could at least say "Texture path not found" or something.

Thank you!